Location: Walnut CA USA
Tutoring and Homework Help
Miss Kim N. of Walnut CA USA Tutor Profile
Tutor Personal Information
Tutoring Style and/or Experience
Rainbows are people whose lives are bright and shining examples for others. - Maya Angelou
**My Education Philosophy**
Every child is a unique individual human being with the potential to contribute to the world and each classroom is composed of these unique individuals to create a unique learning community with a diverse community of learners.
The role of the teacher in this unique and diverse learning community is to help the child to:
- create a safe, respectful and reflective learning environment where students feel safe to freely express their thoughts and opinions by recognizing that everyone is unique and thus, one should embrace the differences that each child brings into the classroom and learn from the different cultures, backgrounds, experiences and stories that makes everyone so fascinating
- equip their students with the tools that will continue to foster their overall developmental growth as they unveil and develop their individual personality, skills, and interests
- nurture their strength
- improve in their areas of weakness
- discover their uniqueness and help them reach their fullest potential
- extend learning beyond the boundaries of the classroom
- become active participants in their learning, in the classroom and in their home communities
- be meaningful and relevant to the studentsí lives
- integrate multiple content areas
- incorporate multiple learning modalities (Gardnerís Multiple Intelligence concept)
- be reflective and include projects that provides application to real life situation through project- based learning and community service
- be creative and fun
- seek opportunities to bring in parents, community members and community resources into the classroom
- include on-going assessment
- incorporate moral and character development
- encourage students to take active participation in the classroom and in their home community
Learning is a lifelong process for students as well as teachers and thus, teachers must stay abreast of the changes in educational policies and shifts in educational trends in order to ensure that they are providing their students the highest quality of education. Educators have an important role in shaping future leaders of the world, one classroom at a time. Education is a critical tool for social change and thus, investing in our education system and essentially our children today is a long-term investment in Americaís future to ensure that the nationís 230 years of prosperity is passed on to future generations.
I graduated from UC Riverside in 2004 with a B.S. in Business Administration (emphasis on management) and a minor in Psychology. Upon graduation I worked for an international educational non-profit that provided teachers with the tools and resources to help engage their students in the critical examination of their own personal choices, actions and level of civic engagement. After 4.5 years, I left the non-profit to complete my graduate program and in November 2009, I graduated with my MA in Elementary Education and will receive my CA multiple-subject teaching credential by January 2009. In addition to my 9-5 work experiences, I have also done student teaching in kindergarten and 4th/5th combination classrooms. More importantly, I have also tutored for many years for independent tutoring companies, as well as privately, and have enjoyed seeing the progress that my students have made over time.
Tutoring Fee and Tutors Availability
|Pre-K / Kindergarten, Elementary, Junior High School
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
|Long Term or Open-Ended Tutoring Commitments.
|$20.00 to $40.00
|This tutor offers a sliding scale for students with economic hardships.
|Yes, Certified as a Teacher