Location: San Jose CA USA
Tutoring and Homework Help
Mrs Angela K. of San Jose CA USA Tutor Profile
Tutor Personal Information
|Mrs Angela K.
Tutoring Style and/or Experience
I am a professionally trained mathematics tutor that has worked with children (as young as 3 years old) and high school students for over 13 years, and have lectured undergraduate students in mathematics and economics. I also have experience working with those with special needs and disabilities (i.e. ADHD and Aspergers). I am honest, dedicated, patient, well-prepared and passionate about education and helping others.
Every student has his/her own challenges but I like to run each session as follows:
- Start with a quick 5 minute (2 questions) quiz on material covered during the previous section.
- Address any difficulties in homework questions that arised from questions that I assigned (or school assigned).
- Review school material and do some practice questions.
- Create a summary sheet of concepts learned during the session.
- Time permitting and depending on how comfortable the student feels, introduce the student to what will likely be taught next in school. In my experience, this helps build a student's confidence when at school when s/he is not seeing something for the first time.
I currently tutor 6 students, ranging from 10 to 16 years old, in the Bay Area. I am more than happy to provide references from their families.
Tutoring Fee and Tutors Availability
|Pre-K / Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School, High School
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
|Long Term or Open-Ended Tutoring Commitments.
|$35.00 to $60.00
|This tutor offers a sliding scale for students with economic hardships.
|More than 10 years
|Gifted/Talented,Home Schooling,Learning Disabilities,Remedial
|University of Toronto
|To name a few, I have received 2 prestigious Canadian scholarships at the national level based on my academic merit, research and teaching capability and leadership.
- NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship ($70,000/24 months), 2009-11
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology ($15,000/year), 2007-9