Location: Morris Plains NJ USA
Tutoring and Homework Help
Tom P. of Morris Plains NJ USA Tutor Profile
Tutor Personal Information
Tutoring Style and/or Experience
I scored in the 98th percentile on the May, 2008 SAT, with a perfect 800 in Writing (at age 42). A valid question to ask any tutor is "When did you last take a real SAT?" Real, current testing experience makes a difference.
For standardized tests the strategies I teach are not taught in school, nor should they be taught, because the way you study for and take a history or biology test is very different from the way you study for and take a standardized test. With my test prep, you will learn:
* How to chop overly dense reading comp passages down to size
* How to decipher one and two-blank sentence completion questions when the answers are words you've never seen
* How to use timing and skipping to your advantage
* What elements must go into an SAT essay to score a 6 instead of a 2
* Effective methods for increasing your vocabulary skills without memorizing huge word lists
* What the SAT math sections are really testing (it's not always math)
* How to see the hidden hints in many math diagrams and equations
* Strategies to combat test anxiety
EVERY student can improve his or her standardized test taking skills. You can do it using prep books, of which there are many. You can do it with tutoring. The best way is to use both. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Tutoring Fee and Tutors Availability
|High School, College, Graduate
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
|Long Term or Open-Ended Tutoring Commitments.
|$50.00 to $50.00
|This tutor offers a sliding scale for students with economic hardships.
|More than 50
|University of Delaware