Location: Santa Clara CA USA
Tutoring and Homework Help
|Expertise:||English and Reading|
|Subjects:||Writing, Reading Comprehension, Reading, Phonics, Literature, Grammar, ESL: English as a Second Language, Basic English|
Miss Monica S. of Santa Clara CA USA Tutor Profile
Tutor Personal Information
|Name:||Miss Monica S.|
I have been referred to as an enthusiastic, amiable, and patient tutor. I communicate extremely well with kids, as well as adults and my love of tutoring truly shows.
Here's more about me:
• I am a talented writer and editor
• I have a Bachelor of Arts in English-language literature from
UC Santa Cruz
• English M.A. program in progress
• 3.7 GPA in major and 3.5 overall GPA
• I relate extremely well to kids
• I have professional experience as a writer, editor, and
researcher for colleges and non-profit organizations
• I'm a native English speaker
I can furnish excellent character, academic, and professional references upon your request.
I have a very patient, encouraging, and amiable tutoring style. Because each student learns differently and has different interests, I vary my style with each student. However, I always do the following:
1. Discuss with the client (or the client's parents) what he or she is studying now/going to study in the near future. Follow the teacher's curriculum. I create supplemental worksheets and reading materials to help client better understand what is being taught in class.
2. I like to be sure the client understands the material. For example, I make sure that I can answer the following in the affirmative:
� Is the student able explain grammatical concepts to others effectively?
� As for vocabulary, can the student properly use the word in sentences?
3. Find out the student's learning style and match what I can to this style.
Tutoring Fee and Tutors Availability
|Grades Tutored:||Pre-K / Kindergarten, Elementary, Junior High School, High School, College|
|Days Available:||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Contract Availability:||Long Term or Open-Ended Tutoring Commitments.|
|Tutoring Rates:||$40.00 to $45.00|
|Sliding Scale:||This tutor offers a sliding scale for students with economic hardships.|
|Time Spent Tutoring:||3-5 years|
|Students Tutored:||26-50 students|
|Major:||Pre- and Early-Modern Literature|
|School:||University of California, Santa Cruz|
|Awards||• Earned the Best New Curriculum Idea Award during the first two weeks as Program Coordinator/Tutor for the Mid-Peninsula Housing Coalition.
• Created a pedagogical creed, which served as an example for future education students.
• Participated in UCSC's 2006 Literature Colloquium, which featured my analysis of Renaissance-era literary stereotypes and their effects on modern American society
• CBEST certified