While I was in college I was a part-time tutor. I continued to tutor mathematics, chemistry and French after graduation because I enjoyed helping individual students with their problems. I taught math, French and volleyball in junior high and high school. In high school I specialised in AP Math (AP Calculus A, B and C). I am an expert on preparing students for the Ap Calculus AB and BC exams. 50% of my students received a 5 on the exam.
As far as my tutoring style-
1. I encourage learning by doing
2. I encourage learning by thinking
3. I encourage students to reflect on their learning
4. I give precise instructions to my students
5. I prefer to work with individual learning programmes than with a standard programme for whole group
6. I develop alternative solutions to troublesome problems and let students choose the best method for them.